As a Human Resources Intern/Talent Acquisition Team Assistant, you will facilitate the efficient administration and management of all human resource endeavors, including recruiting, hiring, training, statutory compliance and other customary duties that are necessary to support business and human resource development.
You will work closely with various teams in our company to ensure staff welfare and to promote Blackmore’s policies and culture. The position is an unpaid, minimum 3-month internship, which you can utilize to earn school credits (if applicable). We are looking for someone to join our HR team immediately.
- Assist the Director of HR with the hiring process by sourcing prospective candidates utilizing internet research, social media, referral networking, direct recruiting, resume databases, and other job boards.
- Screening resumes determining whether a candidate is qualified for a role based on his or her education, experience, and other information captured on their resume.
- Conduct interviews via different forms (Phone/Skype/in-person) with candidates to review their background, experience, skills, and qualifications for current and future openings.
- Developing and implementing policies on issues like working conditions, employee performance measurement, disciplinary procedures and absence management.
- Prepare new hiring material and provide support for the New Intern Orientation process.
- Learn how to utilize databases such as Salesforce & Infusionsoft to enter, maintain and update candidate information.
- Mediate disputes and advise on policies.
- Consult with the Management Team and Partners on Strategic Planning.
- Preparing employees by establishing training material and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Perform job analysis and draft job descriptions according to company needs.
- Develop and manage company culture.
- Assist with creating and maintaining a pipeline of qualified candidates for current and future positions.
- Assist our Talent Acquisition projects by utilizing LinkedIn Recruiter.
- Creating profiles for talent searches
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Writing job descriptions and resume screening according to hiring needs
- Conducting interviews
- Creating training material and schedules
- Communication with high-level management from various industries
- Analyzing talent needs and creating profiles for talent searches for C-level positions (CEO, President, Director).
- Learning how to utilize LinkedIn Recruiter and to create search strategies
- Client Relationship Database Management
- Financial language and variables of deals
- Industry expectations
- High touch/hands-on communication
- Confidence in communication
- Presentation skills
- Knowledge about PE groups’ and M&A communities’ needs and criteria in deals and talent acquisition
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in human resources and technology
- Fast learner, work well independently and have a high attention to detail
- Enthusiastic to be a part of a small team in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately
- HR experience is a PLUS
- Understanding of Finance is a PLUS