Information Technology Internship Job Description
Blackmore Partners is seeking a highly motivated candidate with a passion for technology, collaboration, and creative problem-solving for our IT internship training program. This is an unpaid, remote position that requires a 3- or 6-months (30-40 hours a week) commitment.
Our goal is to give our interns hands-on experience internally supporting our firm by learning new software platforms and implementing their own knowledge of technology to better improve the company process.
You will collaborate closely with other interns, working together to bring fast and efficient technical support to other teams in our firm. Interns will study and read the documentation on CRM systems used for current projects while brainstorming ways to make processes less tedious and stressful for other members. Hands-on development projects will be assigned to create new development tools, technical stacks, and quality assurance procedures. Plenty of opportunities will be given to design and implement new or modified software products or ongoing business projects.
This is a 3 or 6-month unpaid internship eligible for college credit with university approval.
- Research, design, implement and develop software systems
- Identify areas for modification and improvement in existing infrastructure and subsequently develop those modifications
- Learning about the company’s departments for IT support and improvements
- Handle all daily IT-related issues/ tasks/ troubleshooting
- Present in the company’s meetings the tasks performed per week
- Lead the organization of the company’s virtual conferences
- Participate in group and individual research to aid system improvements
- Learn new development tools and technical stacks with hands-on development projects
- Ensure the company’s data storage is safe, secure, and accessible
- Create and maintain new users and groups in an active directory
- Oversee the company’s website pages
- Call executives and PE firms
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, business information systems, or a related field preferred
- Strong object-oriented design skills
- Must have a stable computer/laptop, Wi-Fi, and a working webcam
- Proficiency in Office 365 Application Suite
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels with team members and supervisors
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Works well independently and in a small team setting and has a high attention to details
- Passionate about the information technology/computer science field
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills
- Experience using cloud platforms: Azure, AWS, Google Cloud (PLUS)
- Understand Power Apps, and Power Automation (PLUS)
- Knowledge of Python or C# and SQL is recommended along with knowledge of data structures (PLUS)
- Work in cybersecurity scenarios (PLUS)