PRIVATE EQUITY BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT INTERNSHIP JOB DESCRIPTION
Blackmore Partners is looking for driven and ambitious candidates seeking experience working in a Corporate and Private Equity internship training program. This is an unpaid, remote position that requires a 3- or 6-months (30-40 hours a week) commitment.
Our goal is to give our interns a comprehensive overview of the deal process including sourcing and qualification. Opportunities may come up to get involved in special projects.
The candidate will collaborate closely with other interns in small teams, being responsible for executing and monitoring critical segments of our business. This will start with our front-end processes (deal sourcing) with the goal of working towards the deal qualification. You will be responsible for executing your tasks, monitoring their impact, and developing strategies to improve the quality of those results.
Please note we DO NOT teach or require financial analysis or modeling skills.
This is a 3 or 6-month unpaid internship eligible for college credit with university approval.
- Conduct industry, private equity, and company research using D&B Hoovers, Pitchbook, and Cyndx
- Utilize our software and database management tools like Microsoft 365 and Infusionsoft to manage relationships with Private Equity Groups and C-suite executives
- Screen/Qualify C-suite executives for deal sourcing and qualification process
- Help executives develop a target list of acquisitions
- Send legal documentation via e-signature
- Participate in deal qualification and manage campaigns in our database
- Build a deal-sourcing funnel of executives in the system and communicate with them via email and phone calls.
- Assist with the preparation and participation for the BlackmoreConnects virtual conference with executives and capital providers
- Use Power Automate to do outreach via email
- Work on special projects directly with the Managing Director
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Economics/Business/Accounting or relevant field preferred
- Understanding of financial markets and business strategy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (Reading, Speaking, and Writing) with team members and supervisors
- Works well independently and in small team settings with high attention to details
- Punctuality, ability to meet deadlines using critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Good research skills and ability to perform industry research on time
- Must have a stable computer/laptop, Wi-Fi, and a working webcam
- Show strong technical proficiency and computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Management (PLUS)
- Experience with using LinkedIn, or any database management tool is a (PLUS)